Wednesday 11 October 2017

Addiction: From Tea and Coffee to Drugs of Abuse

Today I have to write about the drugs, the many benefits and dangers, what relation have with this subject, withdrawal symptoms and the effect of this in the society.

Well in all the years of my life never this call my attention some type of the most famous drugs like the cannabis, cigarette, alcohol and others but I had an experience in the past with alcohol and cigarette but the feeling was so awful, with the cigarette I was drowning with the smoke that is not for my hahaha and the taste of the alcohol was disgusting. Other reason because I don’t like the alcohol is the effect in the person like they do silliness, talk strange things, I see that they are dizzy and others things (I don’t remember). With the cigarette I see health problems especially with the repeated cough.

However I have others addictions like the videogames, the food (chocolate especially), and others. Anyway many people think about the drugs of abuse when they listen the word addiction but all would be an addiction, in excess of course.

The drugs are used to recover a sick person, like the cannabis is used to calm down to someone with pain, the ecstasy is used to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, the cocaine is used like a local anesthetics. But not all is good for us health especially with the drugs of abuse, they cause a dependence and health problems like damage to many organs (skin, heart, liver, pancreas, etc.), also affect to the hippocampus and this cause problems with the memory and the concentration.  
In my family mi brother is alcoholic, my dad and my aunt are smokers. In the society this would affect like in the efficiency of Professional workers and students, this would reduce the life expectancy with the health problems and others damaging things.

When a people leave an addiction have withdrawal symptoms between these are the anxiety, insomnia, delirium, change in the appetite, in general many mental diseases and this affect to the body.                            

Thanks for reading.


2 comments:

  1. Well, you're right in all the post, and I agree with you, benefits are unbelievable less than the problems and bad consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considers chocolate an addiction surpassed

    ReplyDelete